Starting the Sweden Visa Application Process
After you get admitted into a Swedish university, you need to pay the first installment of the tuition fee. Then you can start your Swedish Visa application process. The Swedish Visa is generally called a Resident Permit in Sweden.
The visa application process in Sweden is hassle-free. You can complete this simple process online.
To get started, you should fill up the form on this website. You need to pay a visa fee of 1,000 SEK through a credit or debit card. Refer to the section below for the list of documents required.
While filling up the visa application process above, you need to be ready with the following documents. Each of your documents should be in PDF format and none of the files should be over 2 MB in size.
- Tuition Fees Paid Receipt (First Installment)
- Passport (First & Last page in a single PDF file)
- Notification of Selection Results (Admission letter)
- Bank Statement(Bank Covering Letter and Statement merge it in a single PDF file)
- Health Insurance
- Scholarship Letter (If any)
Biometric at Swedish Embassy
After completing your visa application process, you need to make an appointment with the Swedish Embassy in New Delhi for your Biometric Residence Permits. The Embassy officials will scan your finger prints.
Timings for Biometric: Monday, Thursday & Friday – 9-11 am Tuesday – 2-4 pm; Wednesday – Holiday
You should carry the following documents for your Biometric appointment:
- Tuition Fees Invoice (1st Installment payment proof)
- All Academic original Documents (Preferably carry 2 sets of Xerox copies of all documents)
- Bank Covering letter (Amount should be shown in Student Savings Account for Rs. 8 Lakhs to 8.5 Lakhs) for one-year studies and Rs.15 to 15 .5 Lakhs for 2 years. (In case of dependent travelling, an additional amount of 4.5 Lakhs for a 1-year program and 8.5 Lakhs for a 2-year program should be shown in your savings account
- Bank Statement for the past six months or from the date the account was opened. A new account will also be accepted but it needs to be a student account
- IELTS or TOEFL (If applicable)
- Health insurance is necessary for students in 1-year master’s programs, but is not required for those in 2-year programs. Some universities provide their own insurance, and it would be wise to drop them an email to check whether this is the case.
- Admission Letter
- Scholarship Letter (If any)
- Passport (Valid passport – Pages 1, 2 and the last page are especially important)
- 4 Photographs
- Dependents – Marriage Certificate
Time to get your Swedish Visa
It takes 30 to 45 days to find out if you’ve got your visa. You can track the status of your visa application on this website.
Photograph Details for Visa Application
- The photograph must be in color
- It should have a white background
- It should have a close up of your head and display your shoulders, so that your face takes up 70- 80% of the photograph
- It should be in sharp focus and clean
- It should be of high quality with no ink marks and creases
- The photograph must show you looking directly at the camera
- It should be 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm
- It should show your skin tone naturally
- It should have appropriate brightness and contrast
- The photograph should be a recent one, not more than 6 months old
- It is to be taken without headgear
- The photograph can be taken with headgear, after permission from the Swedish consulate, which will take into account the applicant’s reason for wearing headgear, for example, if the applicant wears headgear on religious grounds. The main characteristics of the face must be apparent from the photograph. Chin, nose, eyes and eyebrows must not be covered, and the forehead should be uncovered to the extent that the shape of the face is apparent
- It should be without the applicant’s hair tucked behind his/her ears
- The photograph should not have any staple marks
- Scanned & color photocopies will NOT be accepted
Address of Sweden Embassy, New Delhi
4-5 Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri New Delhi 110 021, India
Fax: +91-11-2688 5401, +91 11 2410 0834 (Visa Section)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (Visa Section)
Website URL: www.swedenabroad.com/newdelhi
If you liked this article, please share with your friends.
You may also want to check out our article on Getting Student Visa to Canada
Lastly, you can use Google to type your question and add Admission Table in front of it. You’ll likely find an answer to any study overseas questions that you have.
In case you don’t find an answer to your question, simply chat with us. We would love to answer your questions and help you get into the best school for you.