WSU offers 94 undergraduate degrees, most with two or more specializations, and nearly 100 choices for minors. That’s more than 9,000 combinations and students can customize their degree to what matters most to them.
The research programs at WSU are out of this world. The University stands among 108 public and private universities in America recognized by the Carnegie Foundation with the distinction of “very high research activity.” WSU researchers are world leaders in small grain genetics and breeding and have helped to make Washington one of the world’s most productive wheat growing regions.
Some of the outstanding programs at WSU include:
– The Center for Entrepreneurial Studies is ranked in the top 25 nationally, and can help students develop the critical thinking and practical skills they need to start a successful business venture.
– The top-ranked writing program at WSU benefits students of all majors. WSU stands among the top 19 best colleges nationwide for its university-wide writing program, according to U.S. News and World Report.
– WSU has one of the most respected undergraduate business programs, and the WSU accounting program is one of only 176 programs worldwide with separate AACSB accounting accreditation.
– The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication is nationally recognized for its research exploring media literacy and drug awareness, and earned top rankings from the Communication Institute for Online Scholarship.
– The College of Engineering and Architecture is home to leaders in energy, environment, and health research. WSU stands among the nation’s top universities for its developments in clean technology.
– WSU is the state’s #1 source of newly licensed nurses. Employers WSU nursing graduates for their excellence in nursing practice
The Pharm.D. program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. Graduates of this program serve as national leaders and hold leadership positions on the student council of the National Community Pharmacy Association.