Top 3 Reasons
Here are the top 3 reasons for you to consider studying at UPF:
- UPF studies are organized into three closely related areas of knowledge, corresponding to its three campuses in the center of Barcelona: Social and Human Sciences, Health and Life Sciences and Information and Communication Technologies.
- The model that UPF applies has three cornerstones, namely Quality Teaching, Excellent Research and International Reputation.
- UPF is a modern, international public university that has achieved parity with Europe’s top universities in just twenty-five years.
Ranking of UPF – the 17th best young university in the world!
Ranking by Times Higher Education for 2016
- #15th ranked university in the world among those under 50 years old
- #2nd Spanish university
- #48th ranked university in the world in Economics (#1st in Spain and #13th in Europe)
- #95th ranked university in the world in Social Sciences
Ranking by QS, 2016
- #20th ranked university in the world in Economics
- among the 100 top universities in the world in Social Policy and Administration
- among the 150 top universities in Linguistics, Accounting and Finance, Communication and Media Studies, and Sociology
- among the 200 top in Law and Legal Studies, Politics and International Relations, and Modern Languages
- among the 350 top in Medicine and Biological Sciences
- #1st Spanish university regarding the proportion of teaching staff
Ranking by U-Multirank, 2016
- Among Europe’s top 10 universities
Ranking by Shanghai Ranking, 2016
- Top 400 universities in the world
- among the 75 top universities in the world in Economics
- among the 200 top in Computer Science
U-Ranking, BBVA Foundation and the Ivie, 2016
- Highest ranked Spanish university in terms of teaching and research output
Ranking by University of Leiden, 2016
- 1st Spanish university in percentage of articles published in the most influential scholarly journals
- 1st Spanish university in percentage of papers produced in collaboration with national institutions and 2nd Spanish university in percentage of papers produced in collaboration with foreign institutions
Key Figures (Academic Year 2015-16)
9,943 Bachelor’s degree students (35% of graduates have undertaken a study period abroad)
1,113 Master’s degree students
1,139 Doctoral students
19% of teaching staff is international
40% international students (master’s and doctoral programs)
83% of students find jobs upon graduating (AQU Catalunya, 2014)
90% of UPF graduates would choose the same university again (AQU Catalunya, 2014)
Scholarships, Grants and Loans
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree students can apply for scholarships available from the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport or from AGAUR, the Catalan government’s Agency for the Management of University and Research Grants.
- Students may also apply for scholarships from other institutions, such as those of the Spanish Agency for International Development (AID), the Carolina Foundation and the Fulbright Program.
- Enrollment fee grants for master’s degree students with outstanding academic records.
- The University’s departments offer their own grants for master’s degree students. See each program’s web page for further information.
- Many educational and governmental institutions have systems for funding studies, offering students loans on favorable terms. Click here for more details.
Great Student Services!
The following services are available at UPF:
- The Library, which is open till late, 360 days a year
- Computer rooms, Wi-Fi, and a computer and audiovisual equipment loan service
- Language courses
- A psychological counseling service
- Support for top-level athletes
- Cultural activities
- Participation in UPF’s governing bodies, student associations, and programmes geared to voluntary, charity and cooperation work, sustainability, gender equality and equal opportunities
- A careers service
- The UPF Alumni Program