Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering
University’s feedback: Why Mechanical Engineering at University of Illinois Chicago?
The College of Engineering consists of six academic departments offering 10 undergraduate majors.
As the only public research university offering engineering education in Chicago, the College of Engineering prepares students for classroom and career success and its strong ties to the Chicago engineering community ensure that UIC students become experts in engineering fundamentals and emerging technology. UIC engineering faculty are leaders in their respective fields and serve as teachers, faculty advisers, and mentors to undergraduate and graduate engineering students.
Visit Mechanical Engineering Website to learn more.
Our feedback for your shortlisting
Following are the key facts about Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor’s program, at UIC:
- Average SAT range 990-1230
- Ranked #145 by US News and World Report
- Tuition fee: $27,672
- High student-faculty ratio (18:1)
- Relatively easy to get in (76.7% acceptance rate)
In our shortlisting, we would place University of Illinois Chicago as follows:
- Affordability, based on tuition and living expenses: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Reputation, based on research, academic strength and ranking: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Outcome, based on career success of alumni: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
Depending on your academic, extra-curricular and other aspects of your profile, you could shortlist University of Illinois Chicago as your safe school with a chance of getting admission as 75% or more.