The University of Alabama (UA) is a comprehensive research university that enrolls nearly 5,000 graduate students in over 120 master’s, educational specialist and doctoral programs. Students at The University of Alabama are part of a community that cares about them and their future. Whether they want to be researchers, professors or practitioners, they find ample opportunities to develop academically and professionally with the help of graduate faculty, staff and administrators, who want nothing more than to see them succeed.
The University of Alabama is one of the nation’s fastest-growing and most dynamic top 50 public universities, with nationally prominent programs featuring top faculty mentors and ample assistantship and fellowship opportunities.
UA is committed to advancing knowledge, building careers, touching lives, and being the graduate school of choice for the best, brightest and most-diverse student body. UA is one of fastest growing Grad Schools in the U.S – – by size, accomplishments, welcoming environment and student-centered programs. The business, communication, and other programs are nationally ranked.
In many ways, Tuscaloosa, a city of nearly 100,000, has a distinctly small- town feel. There are few traffic jams here, and the cost of living is reasonable. But students enjoy lots of the amenities of a big city living right at their back door, including the following:
– Nationally known folk-art festivals
– Monthly Art Nights
– Live performances at the Bama Theatre
– Tuscaloosa Symphony
– Theater Tuscaloosa
– Lectures featured nationally known scholars
– Book groups
– Great restaurants or all types
– State-of-the art Student Recreation Center
– Community amphitheater
– Nationally ranked sports programs
– Tuscaloosa River Local Farmers Market
– Conveniently located between the upper elevation of northern Alabama and the coastal lowlands to the south, Tuscaloosa is only a morning’s drive to both mountains and beaches. Just one hour from campus is Birmingham, Alabama (metro population over one million), and four hours from campus is Atlanta, Georgia. The University of Alabama’s beautiful campus enjoys the area’s mild climate and basks in Southern hospitality.