Deadline: Ryerson - 22 JanStart Today

In the ICAS program offered by Manipal University, students can transfer their credits and graduate with an international engineering degree from some of the top universities in the world. This guide attempt to answer all questions about credit transfer that prospective as well as current students of Manipal University ICAS program may have.

#1 What is credit transfer at Manipal University ICAS Program?

Credit transfer to a partner university depends upon the academic policy of the respective foreign universities and you can get up to 100% of your credits transferred. Over last several years, more than 1500 students of ICAS program have got their credits transferred to pursue their Bachelors or Masters degree in Applied Science / Engineering at more than 100 foreign universities across the US, the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Canada and other countries.

Upon completion of the degree program at the partner university, the student gets degree awarded by the respective universities. The annual salary package upon graduation is between $55K to $85K.

Credit transfer is available for following majors: CSE, Mechanical, EE, Mechatronics, Chemical, Civil, Biological, Biomedical, Architecture, and Aeronautical/Aerospace/Aviation.

#2 Which foreign universities you can get credit transfer to?

Universities that you can target:

  • The US (partner universities): Andrews University, Illinois Institute of Technology, Michigan Technological University, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Russ College of Engineering and Technology, St. Cloud State University, The University of Missouri-Kansas, North Dakota State University, The University at Buffalo – SUNY, The University of South Alabama and University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign.
  • The US (non-partner universities) – Cornell University, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, University of Minnesota Twin-Cities, Texas A&M, Purdue University, SUNY stony brook, Ohio state university, Drexel University, South Dakota state university, Penn State, UMass Amherst, and many other universities.
  • The UK – City University, Lancaster University, Sheffield Hallam University and University of Leicester.
  • Australia – Deakin University, University of Queensland, University Of New South Wales, University of Technology and Flinders University.

#3 What’s my chance of getting transfer to a good university?

With an average grade (2+ GPA out of 4.0) you can get decent a university. With a good GPA (3.0+), you can aim for better universities. With great GPA (3.6+) you can target top tier universities. A good SAT score (2100+/1450+) or ACT score (30+) will strengthen your application.

Each partner university has its own TOEFL requirement. Most of them accept 79+ but universities like Purdue and UIUC accept at 95+ and 100+ respectively. Some universities do ask for SAT score.

#4 Is WES evaluation necessary for credit transfer?

WES evaluation is needed only for non-partner universities, especially for the US universities.

#5 I have some backlogs. Will the universities accept my profile for credit transfer?

Most universities are unlikely to accept profiles for credit transfer if there are backlogs that are not cleared. In case of partner universities, there may be some backlog admissibility.

#6 Give me some sense of credit transfer policies of different universities.

  • Stony Brook (url)
    • Need WES evaluation
    • Accepts a maximum of 84 transfer credits. Most Bachelor’s degree require 120 credits and you need to complete 36 credits at Stony Brook.
  • UTS (url)
    • Partner university, so WES evaluation may not be needed.
    • Accepts a maximum of 96 credits. A standard full-time Bachelor’s program requires 48 credit points per year.
    • Remaining duration – 2 years

#7 So how it works? What are the steps I need to take to apply for transfer credits?

Following are the key steps to follow when applying for transfer credits. There may be some differences depending on the universities that you are applying to.

  1. Submit application to your target university, indicating that you are a transfer student.
  2. Non-partner universities: Submit your transcript along with WES evaluation.
  3. Partner universities: Submit your transcript. The university will review your transcript and courses taken and determine how many credits will be acceptable for transfer. If required, you must provide course descriptions and syllabus for each course taken for a university to evaluate.
  4. Admit result – Different universities may transfer a different number of credits towards a degree program. University A may accept 42 credits whereas University B may accept 48 credits. This may be one way to decide which university to join.
  5. Acceptance – Once you accept an admit, you will join the selected university in the 2nd or 3rd year of the engineering program.

I hope you found above insights helpful. If you have some more questions about credit transfer at ICAS program from Manipal University, please write in the comments below. I will research and answer the same.

Pin It on Pinterest